This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who think they are creative, positive and inspirational. Once nominated, each blogger is required to write a post containing the following:
A thank you message, linking back to the nominator's blog
The answers to the 11 questions posted by the nominator
A list of 11 new nominees and 11 questions for them (don't forget to notify each nominee!)
The Sunshine Blogger Award logo
Thank you EazyNazy for this wonderful award! Please see my answers to your questions below:
1. What’s your story behind your blog name?
The name actually comes from my own name, Sofía, or in English, Sophia. I chose that name because it relates with no topic in particular other than me, which is why I can write a little bit about everything that crosses my mind.
2. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
CHOCOLATE! It is my favourite food and I eat it every day (or almost every day), especially dark chocolate with sea salt.
3. Any sayings or quote that you live by?
Look at the bright side.
4. Online shopping or In store shopping ?
In-store shopping, definitely! I love the sensorial experience of entering a store, listening to the music, taking in the ambiance, feeling the fabrics of the clothes, trying things on, everything!
5. What is the one thing (not person) you can’t live without?
(Unfortunately) my phone.
6. What is your one favourite beauty essential?
Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum; it makes my skin feel totally hydrated!
7. If you had a chance to buy whatever you wanted for free from one high end store, which store would it be?
Chanel, of course!
8. What is your favourite blog post you have written?
It's hard to pick just one but I would probably choose my first blog post, where it all started... NEW YEAR, NEW BEGINNING
I love everything about it! I enjoy taking photographs, writing to express myself and, most of all, I love when people comment or tell me that my articles have helped/motivated them in some way.
11. Your favourite blogger/bloggers, who inspire you?
The bloggers that I chose to nominate are all women who inspire me in one way or another. I hope all of them will get to read this post and know that there is someone out there (me!) who is very proud of them and motivated by their work. If you wish to know more about one of them, click on each bloggers' name to be linked to her page or check out her Instagram feed!
1. Tuula Vintage: Jessica Stein is an Australian travel blogger whom I've followed for a really long time because of her absolutely gorgeous images from magical places around the world. However, she is not only about the photos, if you read her captions and blogposts you will find out that she also has a kind heart.
2. Dear Milano: I've always loved this New York-based Mexican blogger for her authenticity. Whether it is a new colour on her hair or the most extravagant piece of clothing, Andrea will pull it off and show us all that there is nothing that we can't do. I also adore her profound blogposts that make me reassess my life every time I read them.
3. Gigi Vives: Gigi always makes me laugh! I love her sense of humour, bubbly personality and, of course, her gorgeous Instagram feed! With every photo or Youtube video, she inspires me to be more fun and carefree.
4. Lovely Pepa: I love Alexandra because, besides her model-like appearance and impecable style, she also seems like a very nice and loving person. I like how she is always thanking her followers for their support in a truly sincere way and isn't afraid to reveal her secrets via Snapchat or Instagram Stories.
5. Cherry Chris: Christianne is a Mexican fashion and lifestyle blogger from Guadalajara. I love her because she is proud of herself, gets involved in a little bit of everything and shares the best motivational quotes, all written by herself! I also had the chance to meet her recently and she is super nice!
6. Paloma Soriano:Paloma is a fashion and beauty blogger from Mexico City who also happens to be a dear friend of mine. I absolutely love her beauty and style tips! The best part? She might be Instagram famous but, in person, she is the sweetest and most down-to-earth girl.
8. Anni Wonder:Anni is another friend of mine who also happens to have her own blog. I met this lovely German girl when I was studying in Melbourne and she really left an impression on me for being one of the kindest human beings that I have ever met.
9. Mom Like U: This blog is written by a mother to inspire and help other mothers and moms-to-be. Ana Gaby, my cousin, is the writer behind this wonderful website that I am sure will change the lives of many women!
10. Mariana Guzay:Mariana is also a friend of mine who actually approached me and asked for advice before starting her own blog. I am very proud to see that she is progressing and I absolutely love her focus on Mexican fashion!